November 21, 2005

Mmmm, Thanksgiving

I'm looking so forward to Thanksgiving. I will be making the turkey, my Opa's gravy and some mashed sweet potatoes. David's Mom will do the rest. I can't wait. I really would like to host my own Thanksgiving meal one day. But, alas, my kitchen is small and seating is limited.

David's Dad keeps Kosher so that means no butter, no sausage stuffing, no bacon. I saw an awesome recipe for turkey today involving sage butter that you rub under the skin and then it's stuffed with a cornbread sausage stuffing and then bacon strips are layed on top of the turkey! Damn that sounds good. But find a more anti-Kosher recipe you could not.

We will be brining the turkey again this year as is was a hit last year. So damn juicy. I think I will just stuff it with herbs..."parsley, sage, rosemary and....thyme" and rub it with canola oil and some salt n' peppa.

Can't wait for the pumpkin pie either. Mmmmm.

3 Comments:

Blogger baldeoconnection said...

Hey Simone, Trish Here...Lisa John & I are going to be cooking our own Thanksgiving meal this year...we're so excited, John has homemade stuffing and green bean casserole recipes from his mom which are very non-kosher & very fattening! Can't wait. I'm a bit concerned about the turkey...so tell me more about the brining process, I got the recipe, but it seems that the spices are more sweet than savory, you know how we Trini's like out meat savory & real seasoned :)... when you get a chance tell me more about the brining process or any other suggestions you & Dave have when it come to preparing a good turkey... my love to you both!

12:06 PM  
Blogger baldeoconnection said...

OK Trish I emailed you my suggestions. Good luck!

Love you!

8:27 PM  
Blogger sophia lee said...

man simone, u make me want to come over and bring u a turkey so u can make tht for me! sounds so yummy. remember turkey crazy sandwich? yum yum! when u gonna make me turkey?

1:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home