September 13, 2006

Roger & Me

My friend Vanessa was nice enough to offer me and extra ticket to see Roger Waters last night at MSG. I knew he was coming when tickets were originally sold but had decided not to go to the show since I'm just not the fan I used to be. But I'm SO glad I went!

He played a wide range of music from the entire Pink Floyd library. We got some Wall, some Wish You Were Here, some Final Cut, some Animals, some of his new stuff (crap) AND, best of all, they performed Dark Side of the Moon in it's entirety! Our view was partially blocked of the screen behind the stage with images throughout but it didn't matter. We DID get to see the giant floating pig, scribbled with politically motivated messages (Impeach Bush Now, Don't Be Lead to the Slaughter, etc). He had a huge ensemble of really talented musicians on stage and they performed perfectly. Even the original drummer Nick Mason showed up for the second half of the show. The crowd (sold out I think) was really into it and it just made the show all that much better. It really brought me back and reminded me of why I used to LOVE them back in the day.

Now if I can just dig up my old cd's and load them onto my iPod I'll be all set!

5 Comments:

Blogger Trish said...

Hey Cousin...Funny story, you know the first CD that this poor lil Trinidadian girl ever saw was that Pink Floyd CD you have pictured on your blog... we were visiting NY & David had all of his Pink Floyd CD cases taped on his wall..I remember looking at it & thinking wow what a small & shiny record...LOL the concert sounded awesome...hope all is well! Love Trish

1:54 PM  
Blogger Simone said...

I remember those cd's on his wall. How funny. I always liked the pretty rainbow prism on the cover, even before I knew the album.

2:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

looks like you had fun...always wanted to go to MSG

3:52 PM  
Blogger Brandon said...

Last message was from me

3:53 PM  
Blogger hillary said...

I can't help it.

I'm jealous.

;-)

6:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home