May 21, 2007

Food Fair

Yesterday we had our first real New York outing with Sophie. We hit the Ninth Avenue International Food Fair with Celvyn, Matthew , Kathy and Henry. I actually remembered to bring almost everything in my diaper bag this time. Usually I forget one key thing-a pacifer, a bottle, diapers, formula. This time I brought everything except a third feeding of formula. But it all worked out. Of course right as we starting our walk up the ave in search of yummy food Sophie starting crying for a feeding. So there I was, on bended knee feeding the wee one as hundreds of people walked by. Never did I imagine I'd be crouched down on 9th Ave (literally) feeding my child. But when your baby is hungry you must feed right away, no matter how inconvenient it may be.

Food was good but I was overly concerned that Sophie was comfy, didn't have any sun hitting her, warm enough or not overheating. I guess with time I will relax and not be so over the top with how she's doing. There was one creepy old man who approached us with questions about Sophie. Asked how old HE is, how much HE weighs, why do we have HIM wrapped up in a blanket so tightly, etc. David and I were glad when he ended the conversation with "nice to meet me" and walked away. Weirdo. It's amazing how protective you feel when a stranger approaches your child.

Afterwards we headed to Central Park to sit and enjoy the weather a bit. Watched some kid and his dad play ball. Then headed home as the storm clouds rolled in and it began to rain.

Sophie is now sleeping really well. She has a 4-5 hour sleep stretch from around 9pm-2am . Then wakes, feeds, goes back to sleep for another 3 hours or so. Then again wakes, feeds, and goes back to sleep for another 1-2 hours. Great right? Yes, but now WE can't fall back asleep. David takes the early shift, I take the later one. But it seems at any given hour one of us is still awake trying to fall back asleep. If only we could sleep as well as she does! David and I are now popping Simply Sleep (Tylenol PM w/out the Tylenol) pills nightly to fall back asleep after we feed her. I hate taking them as then I'm groggy in the morning, but I know it's only temporary as hopefully soon she'll be sleeping more and more and so will we.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi there, celvyn came over on saturday and was so excited to be meeting sophie that night. she is so adorable! all i have to say is that you are going to feel so much better once the 2 month mark hits and then the 3 month mark is even better and so on...just hang in there and just try and get out as much as possible because it really makes a huge difference. post more pictures! - Deirdre

7:35 PM  
Blogger Brandon said...

SOUNDLS LIKE A PERFECT "DAY" TO ME! Where's the Pictures?

I LOVE PICTURES!!

9:32 AM  
Blogger Simone said...

If you love pictures then you should post some too! Use that beautiful camera you have!

(I have no pictures of the fair-sorry!)

11:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i was at the fair too--wish i'd bumped into you and sophie :)

i love the picture of her with your mom. so cute and snuggly. . .

X rachel

12:12 PM  
Blogger H3NR7 said...

Baby Sophie is such a New Yorker already. Stopping in the middle of a crowded street under Port Authority to drink out of an open bottle in plain sight. Where were the cops?

It was great hanging out with her. She's so easy going.

7:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home