May 14, 2007

Mother's Day

Sophie with Aunt Lorraine













Sophie with her Omi

















Yesterday was my very first Mother's Day. And it started off with Sophie crying for a 7am feeding and I tapping David and saying "it's your turn. Again. Because it's MOTHER'S DAY!"

We spent the weekend at Granma & Granpa's in Long Island. It was a little hectic packing all the stuff to bring out there and then getting out there on the subway and train. Actually, it wasn't that hectic, but I was so darn nervous about it all! Of course David kept his cool as always and it really did go smoothly. Sophie only cried when she was hungry, as always. I swear we have the best baby ever. Rarely fusses. Sleeps really well. Eats well. What more could I ask for?

Anyhoo, my Mom/Fred came out for the weekend as well. The weekend was a whirlwind of visitors, passing her off to everyone to hold, feed, burp, etc, and then trying to get some sleep ourselves. The first night she was up every 2 hours or so. Probably because of the new sounds, smells of the Grandparents house. The next night however she slept pretty well as did we.

On Mother's Day we had a nice brunch at home with Great Granma's homemade Trini specialty saltfish & eggs served with piping hot 'fried bake' bread. So tasty. Then more guests arrived throughout the day and the passing around of Sophie continued. She is so good with strangers though. Never cries. Never wonders who is holding her. I managed to get away with Shaina for a little Marshall's and Old Navy shopping. I even managed to buy something for myself and not just Sophie. It's hard though. Baby clothes are so darn cute and I'm not feeling like I can fit into anything yet but luckily Shaina made me try on some clothes and I actually found some that'll do for now.

So now I'm back in the big city and it's lonely. Today we had our one month pediatrician appointment. Dr says Sophie gets an A+. She now weights a whopping 10lbs 8oz! He says she is very strong and has excellent neck/head control. I swear sometimes I think they underestimated her age and she is really going on two months rather than one! Afterwards we met David for lunch and we sat outside which was really nice. I think it's the first time we had a meal at a restaurant since I had her. Sophie slept in her Baby Bjorn the entire time as I ate a veggie burger and yam fries over her-trying hard not to spill anything on her head : )

6 Comments:

Blogger e.kuo. said...

your eating w/sophie in the bjorn reminds me of when we had aiden out cold in the bjorn and we met up with p's cousin to have breakfast at the walnut cafe in denver. i had the breakfast burrito and had to drape a napkin over aiden's head so as not to drip pork green chili all over his head. and then yesterday while having quiche, ronin was sleeping on me and i dropped phyllo, egg and mushroom all over his neck.

6:09 PM  
Blogger Shaina Rotstein said...

I had a great weekend with you guys-- and am so glad we were able to keep our shopping/Marhsall's tradition :)

Sophie really is so strong!!! And such a perfect little bundle!!!!

I love you guys sooooo much!!!

Aunty Shaina

6:09 PM  
Blogger H3NR7 said...

H A P P Y
M O T H E R ' S
D A Y !

What a busy first Simone's Day. Sounds great though.
I should get you the optional Baby Bjorn Beverage Holder and TV Tray attachement. Now that it's nice out, I think it'll come in handy when you eat al fresco.

6:36 PM  
Blogger Simone said...

I did actually drape a napkin over her head. David felt bad that I was covering her up but once the meal was finished and he saw how many times I dropped crumbs he realized it was a good idea!

7:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy First Mother's Day! Sounds like you are really getting into the swing of things.

8:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a nice mothers day! Wish I was there! Where is the pictures???

9:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home