September 18, 2007

Back to the daily grind

So let's see-what have I been up to lately? A LOT! Last week I began working from home. On Wednesday I went into the office for a day. Luckily my Mom was in town and was able to watch Sophie for the day, which of course she loved. It was great that they got to spend the day together. Sophie even had her first lunch at Tavern On The Green. But instead of crabcakes she had a bottle.

Sophie turned the big FIVE MONTHS last week too. So hard to believe she's almost half a year old. Our little Pumpkin is growing up way too fast. Her main goal in life these days is the following two things:

1)To Crawl-she can get into the crawl position and move backwards, but can't seem to move the hands with the legs at the same time. Still, she can easily get around by rolling and will be 4 feet away from where I put her down in a matter of seconds. She also sits up leaning on one arm as you see in the pic.

2)To Chew-She will put anything and everything into the mouth-I mean anything. When I give her a toy now she no longer grabs at it with her hands. She now accepts all toys with an open mouth. Her foot has also found it's way in there as of today.

Consequently, I have decided to buy her Sophie the Giraffe as a chew toy. I don't remember where I heard about it but apparently the little horns on Sophie's head (the giraffe, not my Sophie) are very soothing to chew on. And it's so damn cute! Problem is it's made in France. But nothing good ol' ebay couldn't solve.

We have also decided on a nanny and sent the offer letter out. Now I just hope she chooses us. She was really great with Sophie and best of all she is a Trini like David. Once she starts I will be going into the office 3 days a week which I think will work out fine. It's really hard working from home and watching her so I think the balance of working in the office and working from home will be perfect for us.

Oh and this Fall weather-LOVE IT. Crisp and sunny and breezy and just absolutely delightful.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jen said...

oh my gosh! 5 months? Where HAS the time gone?
Are you ready to go back to work? Are you missing it?

She really REALLY looks like you!

12:16 PM  
Blogger Brandon said...

Damm 5 months.. Time flies! She looks soo cute (Like always!)


Can't wait to see her crawl..

Wish I was there =(

10:18 PM  
Blogger Brandon said...

cheky out mi bloggy please!

9:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home