May 03, 2004



Beautiful weekend. Rain? What rain? We actually decided not to gamble our $39 on the NY Five Boro Bike Tour b/c we thought it would rain Sunday morning. But they lied! It was beautiful. So bummed we missed out on our favorite NYC event. Oh well, next year I guess.

Played poker Fri night at Sarah's. I won $16.50!! Woohoo.

Walked around town enjoying the weather on Saturday. Had a really great dinner at Gonzo's on W 13 btwn 6th & 7th. Such a nice neighborhoody place. Really really tasty Italian, northern I think. Great appetizers. Great entrees-I had the quail stuffed w/ chicken, bacon, apples in a wine sauce. Felt kinda bad b/c the quail is so small and cute-little tiny legs and wings. Poor little thing. But damn was it tasty! The desserts are fantastic too. I highly recommend.

Sunday we walked around town. Had to have my cupcake fix so we stopped at Billy's. The vanilla w/ vanilla frosting is divine. Also tried the red velvet-nothing to write home about at all. Frosting was bland and unsweet, cake didn't have much flavor. Bah! Must go to a REAL southern bakery for some authentic Red Velvet Cake.

We then went to Chelsea Piers to watch boats and golf balls whiz by. Waved to Henry who was across the river at Hoboken waving back. Too hazy to see him-but apparently he saw us. He has eyes sharp like eagle.

Sopranos finally had a good episode last night. You go Vito! Then we topped it off with a couple episodes of Buffy. We're actually considering taking some Buffy w/ us to Miami. Can't have a night w/ out it.

But all this violence took its toll on my dreams last night. I dreamt I was back in Miami. I was Tony Soprano's official bodyguard, and he ordered me to kill Johnny Sachs' bodyguard who was the girl from Kill Bill Vol. 1, Sophie Fatale (Julie Dreyfus). Well me, her and someone else starting kicking ass Buffy/Uma style. She then begged for mercy and to give her another chance, that I was making a mistake. So I let her go. But Tony was mad at me, and told me I made a terrible mistake and I have to kill her. Ok I said, tomorrow. I then went home to an empty apt and couldn't sleep all night for fear she was going to creep in and kill me ala Uma style (Japanese steel, knives, snakes, you name it). Very frightening. But loads of fun. It was like Kill Bill-Vol. 3.

In other news, Celvyn went to Coachella this wknd in LA and saw Radiohead and The Cure. I officially don't like him anymore. Bye bye Celvyn.

But tomorrow is the start of our Miami trip and I am sooo psyched. We are renting a convertible and going snorkeling Wed morning in the Keys. Life is nice. And I'm lovin' it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home