May 17, 2004



Star Trek 257-The Search for Pork


Saturday we went to my favorite street fair The 9th Avenue International Food Fair. I think we ate food from about a dozen countries within 10 minutes. Except pork. Poor Henry and I searched far and wide for our favorite pork-I think it was Puerto Rican. But sadly all we found was this cutie-but he wasn't ready yet, and what do the Irish know about pork anyway? There was also Irish Ice (?) which was actually pretty darn good. But I've never known the Irish to roast a pig on a spit and make italian style ice.

Standouts were the softshell crab with a really tasty sauce (Thai), Peter's of London ham n honey mustard on a biscuit (British, obviously) and Ropa Vieja (Cuban). I wish they had this festival at least once a month in the Summer. Dave said it wouldn't be special then. Who cares, at least I'd eat good!

Rushed to Matthew's place to watch the Preakness. OH-MY-GOD. What a race. What a horse. What an embarrassement that track is. Across the street from where the horses run is a used car lot for god's sake! And what about all those drunk bastards they stick in the middle? Such class. Ugh. I cannot wait for the Belmont. I feel 99% certain that the wonder of an animal Smarty Jones will be the first triple crown in 24 years. You go boy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home