October 01, 2004

more of the same


Well the first of the 3 debates is over and I must say I'm very pleased. Bush looked like a complete idiot as I suspected he would and once again succeeded in embarrassing me as an American. Kerry looked extremely presidential and blew Bush out of the water. It almost pained me each time it was Bush's turn as he would say, ever so simply, his answer, and then try to fill the remaining 1:45 with uh's, um's, hand slamming and his mouth hanging open. Although both did make some errors (Kerry saying they closed down NYC Subways during RNC, Bush saying 100,000 troops have been trained in Iraq, when it's really only 50,000) I thought hands down Kerry came across as more in control, with more of a detailed plan, and definitely a better understanding of how the world works outside of the good ol' US of A. Lets hope other people feel this way. Because I sure don't want "MORE OF THE SAME" for another 4 years.

But I must say what is with Teresa Heinz Kerry's clothes? Her hair is always a mess, and her clothing looks like she's wearing a straight jacket. That chick needs to buy some less constricting suits in a color other than white.

1 Comments:

Blogger irideout said...

I actually watched the entire presidential debate for the first time in my life. And I totally agree with you! Of course I am biased, but I thought Kerry performed extremely well. Poised, articulate, maybe a little too eager in the head-nodding when listening to Bush, but that's fine. I like how he got several explicit digs in, like how one can be "certain and wrong," and when he pointed out Bush's claim that we went into Iraq because "the enemy attacked us," and then made it explicit that Saddam and Iraq did not attack us, but Osama bin Laden and al Qaeda did, and bin Laden is still out there and al Qaeda is stronger than ever.

I was also pleased in how poorly Bush performed. He hunched over his podium, constantly kept reaching for empty glasses to drink out of, and looked downright petulant at times.

I just hope that this debate actually influences the swing voters, rather than just re-inforcing the positions of existing Kerry / Bush supporters...

3:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home