October 04, 2004

Pssst!


ME & MARIA @ WASHINGTON SQUARE PARK


My friend Maria from Miami is visiting this wknd. It's been great having her here. I really miss having a 'girl'friend around to shop and giggle with.

On Saturday before she arrived I went with Matthew & David to Century 21. David ended up leaving because he was tired & headachy. This is bad because that left me alone in a big store with a credit card. Not good.

Ended up buying a fab new DKNY winter coat. Beautiful chocolate brown. Matthew says it looks business-y. Which is what I wanted. 90% wool, 10% cashmere. Cashmere! I've never owned anything cashmere before! I had to buy it. I deserve it. Of course once I got the coat I also had to get a new matching hat/scarf/glove set. And since I already got 10% cashmere why not get a 100% cashmere set? So I did. It was pretty cheap. Really pretty apple green color. Soft and creamy against my skin. Then we went to Syms and I ended up buying yet another coat. White 3/4 length semi-puffy coat filled with down. So nice n' cozy. And only $59 bucks! How could I pass that up? Now I can't wait for Winter!!

Maria arrived Saturday evening. We went to Mexicana Mama for dinner. Waited what we told would be 20 minutes (turned into 45) and then sat down for a truly incredible meal. This place is amazing. Everyone was in heaven with what they ordered.

Sunday we went to Dim Sum. Got there late, 3pm, and just got leftovers. But it was still tasty. Maria's 2 sisters wanted Louis Vuitton knockoffs. I told Maria they are hard to find nowadays due to the purse/cd crackdown in Chinatown. But as soon as we got onto Canal St a lady standing on the corner was whispering to all ladies who passed by "Pssst, Louis Vuitton?". Perfect! But what happened next was totally unexpected. I expected to be led into a storefront and shown a catalog or something. Instead, we were led into a tiny building. Walked up 3 flights of stairs with vagrants hanging about, led up to a tiny room with a lock. Entered. Door locked behind us. Entered another room with a padlock. Door closed. And there they were. There must have been about 30 or so purses on display hanging from the 4 walls of the tiny room. Louis Vuitton. Coach. Chanel. The works. I couldn't help but wonder if the cops were going to bust through the door at any moment and we'd all be doomed. But Maria chose the bags she needed and we were off. But not before we were psst'd again on the way down "I got Prada, Gucci, you want? Follow me." No thanks. One adventure was enough for us.

5 Comments:

Blogger Norwegian said...

Hi Simone,

Congratulations with your cashmere collection!
Glad you and Maria made it back safely from your adventures behind locked doors.

Just thought I should send you a note to let you know that I frequently visit your blog and enjoy your views and thoughts.

Love from Norway,
Roger

2:36 PM  
Blogger irideout said...

Wow! I had no idea that the underground world of imitation designer handbags worked that way! What an adventure...

Congrats on your new winter gear - they sound lovely! :)

6:03 PM  
Blogger Simone said...

thanks Roger

Yeah, the world of knock off handbags isn't like it used to be. I really felt like we were going to be arrested at any time. Crazy stuff!

10:41 PM  
Blogger H3NR7 said...

stop flirting

2:41 PM  
Blogger sophia lee said...

uhm, apple green wd def look good on u, n girls always deserve cashmere!

6:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home