January 01, 2005

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!



Went out for New Years with David, Henry, Matthew and Eric. Started out at a swanky bar called 66. Eric was happy to go as he had heard that only the rooty tooty crowd is usually allowed. But we started out around 7:30 so it was early enough to let our type in. Bar was quiet with low lighting and comfy chairs to sit in. I decided to stick with champagne for the evening. They didn't have my beloved Veuve Cliquot so I tried something new (can't remember the name). Quite tasty. 3 glasses tasty. Everyone followed and had 3 each. But some were more affected than others.

We stayed until 9:30 and then headed over to Thalassa for dinner. They sat us near the kitchen/lobsters on ice section. Sad to see the poor lobsters struggling for life on ice cubes. We were promptly served our first course. Clams oreganato. It was ok. Second course came around and then we lost one of our group. David, my husband, was drunk. Yes, Dave. First time ever. EVER! He turned to me and slurred "I'm reeeal tired. I can't keep my eyes open. What should I do?" I told him he should go home and that I didn't mind. So I put him in a cab and sent him home. Poor thing. I know he felt bad. But I've been there, we all probably have, and I know what its like. So I spent my New Years without my husband. But it was fun. Soon after Matthew started complaining of stomach upset still leftover from his Peru trip last week. BAH! Damn Rotstein's are all lightweights!

Finished our meal, all sharing in David's other courses. Around 11:45 hats and noisemakers were handed out to all. Eric's noisemaker was a dud. But when it reached midnight they still hadn't done the countdown. I think this was my first New Years without a Times Square countdown. So we did our own. Hugs, kisses and noisemaker honks were given.

HAPPY 2005 TO EVERYONE.
MAY IT BE A HAPPY, HEALTHY AND PEACEFUL YEAR FOR ALL.














3 Comments:

Blogger Shall we dansu said...

hm. wasn't he somewhat tipsy on your wedding day? :-)

1:10 AM  
Blogger H3NR7 said...

I didn't know I brought my golden Klimt to the party.

10:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

what? he wnt home? he's drunk? he's got HAIR on his head!!!! what hapened to the BALD david?
u look great, simone! missya

6:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home