December 28, 2004

Christmas in Miami

We had a great time during Christmas vacation. Not much Miami activities this time around. More family and friend time.

We spent Thursday with the triplets (one who just got engaged). Afterward we went to a holiday amusement park called "Santa's Enchanted Forest". When I lived there it was just a forest of lights. Now it's a forest of lights with a bunch of rides at the end and a hefty price tag. I realize now that I am old. Never did I think I would be the 'adult' standing and watching the kids on the rides. But there I was. I tried a couple of rides, but realized when the dizziness caught up with me that I just can't handle it anymore. Not the round and round rides. Roller coasters I could do all day.

Friday was spent preparing with Mom for our Christmas Eve dinner. I went with her to the market in Ft Lauderdale. They sell fresh turkey, duck, chicken and seafood. It was well organized chaos. My Mom had taken Tylenol PM the night before and when I realized she was still under it's spell I decided to drive home. Spent a couple of hours wrapping gifts and then collapsed into bed from exhaustion. Woke up. Ate a terrific roast duck dinner with all the fixings.

Christmas didn't begin until noon when my nephews arrived. Laptop computers in tow. Yes, they each got a laptop. Well deserved though. They had it coming. Ate our traditional french toast and mimosa brunch and tore into the gifts. Here's my catch of the day:

*$ to buy myself a PS2
*Grand Theft Auto-San Andreas-for my PS2
*beautiful gold chandelier earrings from David, with a little note attached that he designed. My other gift is a small trip with him to the destination of our choice. Husbands rock!
*Salvatore Ferragamo wristlet purse
*$100 Banana Republic Giftcard
*comfy, fuzzy socks
*bookmark and squishy pillow from my brother
*note cards from my nephews

The only problem now is finding a PS2. All stores are sold out. Hasn't this thing been around forever? I don't get it. But I will wait patiently. Because I know soon enough I will be performing drives by's, selling crack and pimpin' ho's on my GTA game.




nephews amongst their gifts



Ben and his new martini set


Brandon and his beloved new Nokia cellphone



Maria & I


Matt, Dave, Fred & my Mummy

3 Comments:

Blogger Shall we dansu said...

ooo. i like the green. and it looks like your brother is already shaking things up with that martini set!

10:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i second e., the green is excellent.
rachel

8:30 AM  
Blogger H3NR7 said...

This new green is very nice, but my safari sucks. Your type sometimes comes out all garbled. Wow, that's one big martini set. Ben can now make gigantic dirty martinis. I can't find the mini Playstation 2 anywhere either. I really want one. I got fuzzy socks too, but I think that's because they're pre worn. Nice Christmas ornaments.

2:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home