December 07, 2004

Happy Hannukah!


Tonight is the first night of Hannukah. I went with Celvyn to a free screening of Life Aquatic. It was alright. I give it 2 stars out of 4. Definitely my least fav of the 3 Wes Anderson films I've seen. But the art direction was great and I love Bill Murray so I enjoyed myself. Security was tight. No picture cell phones. But I managed to sneak by security with my stealthy moves.

When I got home David had celebrated the first night by himself. I felt bad. He made himself latkes and lit 2 candles (we have no menorah). He also wrapped a gift for me and put it under the tree. Luckily I had one too so I quickly wrapped it up and we exchanged gifts. I got the beautiful Illustrated Da Vinci Code. The book weighs a ton but looks great. It just won't be a subway book.

I gave him a new black leather messenger bag. The Kmart bag he's been carrying around just doesn't cut it anymore.

9 Comments:

Blogger Shall we dansu said...

yeah but how was blade trinity?!

12:25 AM  
Blogger Simone said...

didn't make it to Blade 3. Got out too late. Ate Gray's Papaya instead.

9:22 AM  
Blogger Shall we dansu said...

bummer. i really want to see blade3 but i think i'll wait for video. well, unless my friend david talks me into going. and i noticed that the countdown expired. did i just sleep for four years?

10:12 AM  
Blogger Simone said...

the countdown works if you view on a PC but not on a MAC. Very strange.

11:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

your tree makes my tree look the charlie brown tree...i'm jealous of how tall and straight it is. and our those light-up snowmen? your tree rox.

rachel

1:51 PM  
Blogger Simone said...

Good eye Rachel! They are light up snowpeople. As I said before, Martha rocks! I got them 2 years ago and haven't been able to find them again.

4:42 PM  
Blogger irideout said...

What a beautiful tree! I think having a tree goes a long way in getting into the holiday spirit! We don't have a tree up yet... We've just been too busy! :(

10:20 PM  
Blogger Shall we dansu said...

so did he like the bag?

9:38 AM  
Blogger Shall we dansu said...

re: countdown. looks like mac's are ahead of their time . . .

1:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home