May 07, 2005

Apt #1

We viewed our first potential apartment last night. I know it's a little early still, but it was for a July 1st lease so it was right. It was advertised as a Gramercy Park find. I don't know if I'd consider 23rd between Lex and Park Gramercy Park, but whatever. It would be close for David and I both to get to work. And it was $2G so we thought we'd take a looksy.

The place was OK. Not horrible as I had expected. It had a very large eat in kitchen. Large, yet absolutely NO counterspace whatsoever. And really crappy cabinets. But it did have room enough to put a little island and a decent sized table. The living room was really tiny and square. First bedroom OK size, and the master bedroom was very large. But in all the place was just too dark, and too loud being right on 23rd street. You know, 23rd street with ALL those buses and trucks and cars. Way too loud for me and my delicate sleeping.

The only plus side was it was the top floor of a 3 story building, so no dinosaur neighbors to bother me. But we'll pass on this one.

Next!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

23rd St. is the center of my universe! But yes, it would be uber noisy.

+rachel

11:26 AM  
Blogger Jen said...

2G as in $2,000/month?
Oy! Thats more than my mortgage on a 4bdrm-3bath home!!
I couldn't imagine!
Good luck, I'm sure its like finding a needle in a haystack!

3:09 PM  
Blogger Spo0kybear said...

you should totally find a place that's close to my work...then i have a place for me and jubei to sleep over!! woo hoo!!

7:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home