July 14, 2005

First purchase!



Yey, we just made our first furniture purchase for the new apt. We've wanted an ottoman for a while now. We realized this in the old apt when we'd get home everyday, put our feet up on the hard coffee table and be uncomfortable. But most ottoman's I've seen are a little too bulky. Luckily our friend Sophia introduced us to Room & Board. I'm in love with almost everything in the store. We found this and knew it was exactly what we wanted. So we went to the store in Soho today after work, and bought it. Only problem is it's backordered and probably won't be here for another month. I guess I won't have it ready for when my Brother and nephews arrive next week.

7 Comments:

Blogger Brandon said...

Ah Man!! I got an IDEA!!! Why don't you cancel your order get ur money back and reorder it,so you can get it quicker!!

11:08 PM  
Blogger H3NR7 said...

huh?!

3:20 AM  
Blogger Simone said...

Backordered means they have no more in stock and they are waiting for new ones to come in from the warehouse. So I just have to wait for it :(

9:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh that's a rockin' ottoman. And Room and Board rocks--I hadn't heard of them before either.

Here's a furniture question: We need to get a table like you have that folds (and maybe holds some chairs) in the kitchen. Do you remember where you got yours? We can't find one anywhere and it's driving me nutsy. . .
X Rachel

11:06 AM  
Blogger Simone said...

Funny you ask Rach. We just saw the same one last night at Bed, Bath & Beyond on 18th st. It's actually a darker wood but looks nicer. Just be aware that it weighs a ton from what I remember.

11:15 AM  
Blogger Spo0kybear said...

is that an apothecary table?

6:15 PM  
Blogger irideout said...

Boy, I hate when things are on backorder! It's like, you get all excited because you find something you like, and then you take the plunge to make the purchase - which might be a big decision if it's a high-priced item - and then boom! They tell you it's on backorder, and now you have to wait a few weeks, and all the fun kind of drains out of the situation. :P

10:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home