July 13, 2005

Espana troubles



I need to get my ass in gear and plan our Spain trip already. I've bought all the books but can't seem to open them. We leave August 31 and return Sept 12. I don't know why I haven't planned it. When we went to Italy I planned for 4 months, and it was all perfect. Same with France. Planned and perfect. Spain-no plan, no perfect. Yet.

We are flying into Barcelona and leaving from Madrid. Anything in between there is up in the air. I have booked the first three nights in Barcelona and haven't been able to move to the next leg of the trip.

I know a few of you have been. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I know places I want to go, just not sure how long to stay at each. I really don't want to take any overnight trains and am considering flying from Barcelona down south. Anyone else done this?

Rick Steves (my travel god) suggests this itinerary. Anyone care to add or take away anything? Should I try to squeeze in a day trip to Morocco?

~Arrive in Barcelona (stay 3 days)

~Fly,drive or take overnight train? to Madrid with side-trips to Toledo, El Escorial, and Segovia

~Granada/Andalucia

~Nerja

~Rhonda

~Sevilla, flying home from Madrid

2 Comments:

Blogger Brandon said...

Have Fun in SPAIN!!

11:55 AM  
Blogger irideout said...

How exciting!! I love planning trips. The anticipation is so much fun. Where are you staying in Barcelona?

8:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home