July 01, 2005

Super Super

So getting rid of our couch has been a nightmare. I put it up on Craigslist a couple of days ago and I now realize everyone who reads it is is a irresponsible 19 year old.

One girl told me she would pick it up yesterday morning before 8:30. I called her at 8 and woke her up. She said she could be there in a half hour, so I waited. Ten minutes later she called to say there was traffic. I asked her if they had crossed the bridge yet. No she said. So how is there traffic if you haven't even left Astoria to go over the bridge. I knew she was lying. I told her I'd wait. Five minutes later she called again saying that she rather come at night, that she doesn't want to have to buy the couch since she hasn't seen it yet. Whatever.

I must have received about a dozen emails. All said they're very interested and would love to come see it. I reply with my address and cell, and then never hear from them again. Last night two roomates did come to see it, seemed to like it, stepped outside to call the other roommate, then said they had "other couches to see" and would be back later. Yeah, whatever.

At this time my Superintendent Dennis was painting the old apartment. I told him how I can't understand why nobody wants our couch. He asked me whats wrong with it? I told him nothing, we love it, but it won't fit through the doorway into the new apartment. "I'll get it to fit" he said.

So he and David heaved it over to 2A and after about a half hour of pushing, pulling and tweaking they got it in! What a genius. He thought of trying a completely different approach than David or Matthew had.

So now our new apartment finally feels like our apartment. Immediately we set up the living room, began putting things in their places, hung lighting and just made things more neat. The cats finally came out of hiding in the closet and were visibly happier and more at home too.

Thanks to our Super Dennis. You rock!

2 Comments:

Blogger Brandon said...

Finnaly!! You got it in,I love the couch its so comfurtable,i knew you would get inside,some way!

12:26 PM  
Blogger irideout said...

Wow, how utterly frustrating, dealing with all those irresponsible people!! But all's well that ends well - I'm glad you get to keep your couch!

5:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home