August 19, 2005

Ottoman troubles

Our new living room. Notice the green walls we painted last wknd.
And the couch I can't wait to replace!



So we got the new leather ottoman last week and it looks great. We LOVE it. So what's the problem? The cats. I noticed on Sunday that there were 3 different claw marks/scratches already on the top. I don't know what to do to keep the cats off of it. I am only able to trim one of the cats claws (the other won't tolerate it). Right now we have a blanket covering the top that we've had on since Sunday. But then what was the point in getting a nice piece if we have to cover it up? Any suggestions? I'm not sure if any of you have cats or not.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Simone-

This is the eternal problem! We found this stuff that is like double-sided tape. The don't like the way it feels. It works for our new couch. But I don't if the sticky stuff would hurt leather...

We have to cover everything in sheets when we go away.

Good luck!

Kelly

2:31 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

We too bought leather furniture when we had cats and promptly (after 1 day) returned it because there was nothing that could be done!
Totally sucks! I hope you find something that works! I've HEARD that the cats HATE the car rear view mirror air fresheners?? Maybe put them by it???
I put my spain pics on my blog for you!
Also, what's the name of your paint color?

2:54 PM  
Blogger Simone said...

Thanks guys for your suggestions. I know Magellan HATES the smell of perfumes or things w/ strong scents so I think that the air freshner may be a GREAT idea. I will try it this wknd.

The paint we got is Benjamin Moore 'Chopped Dill'.

4:02 PM  
Blogger Spo0kybear said...

have you tried cooking them? the cats i mean...except bear, she is such the sweetheart...that shedevil you call magellan...declaw!!

9:13 PM  
Blogger Brandon said...

I have no IDEA??

10:40 AM  
Blogger Brandon said...

And Nice Living Room,it looks better then when we saw it, It looks bigger and more cozzier. GOOD JOB!!

10:41 AM  
Blogger Brandon said...

How about you send BEAR to ME!!, Bear loves me!! And Maggelan, send her to the pound.

11:41 AM  
Blogger Brandon said...

Hey My Dad and Me updated our Blogs!!

6:32 PM  
Blogger Simone said...

I know. You do know I check your blogs about twice a day so no need to remind me!

9:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home