October 07, 2005

Argh!

I'm tired of returning stuff. Once again we purchased a new rug and curtains for the bedroom. I lugged them home in a cab last night. My arms are so damn sore from dragging it up the stairs! Anyway, we set it up and we don't like it. So yet again we are returning. I think we've returned about 80% of the items we purchased. Does this happen to everyone? Or are we just really picky? I told David these stores are going to start blacklisting us because we're always returning.

So the search for curtains and a rug continues...

I was nervous going on the subway yesterday. We all were. Everyone eyeing each other suspiciously. I stood on the platform at 14th St and saw a big garbage bag next to the garbage can. So I moved away. Then I thought, they could put a bomb anywhere they want and it seems pretty unlikely we'd know about it. It's all very frightening. But what are we to do? Walk everywhere? Hell no. This is just a reminder of the terrorist risk which is constantly around us. I don't think this week is anymore dangerous than any other week we ride the trains. But it is a wake up call to be more aware. But then again, if we "see something" as we're told to do, wouldn't it most likely be too late to "say something"?

1 Comments:

Blogger Brandon said...

Dam How many things have you returned in your apparment

10:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home