September 23, 2005

Dicky Moe


For years I have been searching for one of my most favorite, and most elusive, Tom & Jerry episodes "Dicky Moe". A few years back there was a Tom & Jerry marathon that showed every episode in order. I had just missed Dicky Moe. Matthew gave me a Tom & Jerry video collection for Christmas. No Dicky Moe.

For months I would watch T&J every night on Boomerang hoping for a glimpse of what has turned out to be my own white whale. But alas, he was never to be found.

Until tonight.

That's right folks. As David and I flipped through channels we landed on Boomerang and I recognized that the one we were watching was from the same director of my beloved D.M., Gene Deitch. I quickly checked the Boomerang website and sure enough, Dicky Moe was scheduled to be on tonight. I let out a scream. David was concerned that I was in pain. DICKY MOE! I yelled.

So we waited. And it came on. And it was amazing. Very creepy. The sound effects and drawing quite different than other episodes. Captain Ahab looked a little like a Blue Meenie. In all it was very satisfying and well worth the many years of waiting.

3 Comments:

Blogger Spo0kybear said...

i always thought that one was very non tom and jerry-esque...it was creepy. nothing beats the jerry and his nephew ice skating in the kitchen w/ the jello as a changing spotlight.

11:41 PM  
Blogger irideout said...

Wow! You're quite the Tom & Jerry connoisseur! I didn't even know such people existed. ;)

7:18 AM  
Blogger Brandon said...

But do you know,whick show that i wish that they had? THE ITCHY AND SCRATCHY SHOW FROM THE SIMPSONS,THAT is FUNnY! 2 bad they dont put that as a real show(Even though there making fun of T&J),LOL

10:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home