September 14, 2005

Loss

We are back from Spain. Had a great time. But more about that later.

I had my second appointment with my doctor yesterday. Unfortunately we have lost the baby. The doctor did a sonogram and I'm sad to say there was no heartbeat and the baby didn't grow beyond 8 wks (should have been 11 1/2 weeks in size by now). So today I have to go to the medical center and my doctor will remove the baby and anything else that shouldn't be there anymore.

Needless to say we are very sad. We know it's nothing I did wrong, nor nothing we could have controlled. Some embryo's are just not genetically designed right to continue living. But still...

So we will get through this together and try again when the doctor gives us the OK (a few months time). I just hate that we have to start at square one again. And then there'll be so much worrying.

This really sucks. After the sonogram the doctor sent me to the hospital to get a second sonogram to be absolutely sure. It was difficult sitting in the waiting room amongst the women with big belly's. But I know (hope) I will get there one day soon.

6 Comments:

Blogger Jen said...

Oh Simone,
I'm so so so sorry.
If there is anything I can do, or if you need to talk, please email me.
Life is so not fair.
:(

9:48 AM  
Blogger irideout said...

Oh, Simone! I am glad to see that you are home safe and blogging, but I am so saddened by your news! I am so so sorry. There doesn't seem to be much that can be said in this kind of situation. All the usual words seem trite. You're an intelligent person, so I know you know all the numbers and facts and statistics, but I also know it doesn't help when it's your baby. Hang in there. I'm thinking of you.

10:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Simone-

I'm so sorry for you and David. Please let me know if there is anything I can do.

Kelly

11:32 AM  
Blogger Norwegian said...

Dear Simone and David,

I am so sorry to hear about your loss!

There are no words to describe what you must be feeling and I wish there was something I could do for you. You shall at least know that I think of you and wish you all the best.

And I am sure that giving time and love you shall both overcome this.

I wish you all well and hope that you soon can celebrate the arrival of a new world citizen.

Yours,

Roger

12:14 PM  
Blogger hillary said...

I am so sad for you.

3:46 PM  
Blogger Brandon said...

I feel so Bad, I hope one day that you have a Baby,and it will be my cousin, Did going on the airplane have to do with anything(Lifting off).Well I feel so Bad, p>s- I will start posting again because I have been on a little break with Blogging,but Im Back

10:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home