August 24, 2005

Doug



I bought 2 books yesterday to help with the home designing (thanks Kelly). The Doug Wilson book is something I never thought I'd get.

When Trading Spaces first came out I, like most people, was addicted. We would watch 6 hr TS marathons and loved it. But now when I'm flipping channels on the TV I will occasionally stop to see what they're doing and it's ALL CRAP! Was it crap in the beginning too? I can't even watch a whole episode I get so bored and frustrated with the lame designers. Back in the day with the original 'cast' I thought Doug was terrible. He never seemed to take into account what the family wanted or needed, only what HE wanted to do. And so often it was disasterous. HE was the designer that made that woman cry in the infamous wainscoating episode. And what was his obsession with brown??

But while browsing the books at B&N yesterday HIS book was the one I liked the most. Great ideas, beautiful color selections, choices for small spaces like ours. So I guess he was just a little nuts on the show and deep down he is a good designer. And best of all he lists ALL the places where you can purchase the stuff shown AND paint colors used. Pretty unusual for a design book.

1 Comments:

Blogger H3NR7 said...

I just ordered those two books on Amazon. I'm gonna go color crazy.

3:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home