January 20, 2006

Soup & Ketel One

My nephew wants me to post so here you go.

Finally went to the "Soup Nazi" yesterday for lunch. Lo and behold it was only a few blocks from my workplace. Who knew? Not the original store, but one of his recent new ones which are popping up around town.

We expected lines. We expected to have to follow the rules or else. We expected an angry European guy behind the counter and the feeling like we were in Communist Russia on line for our rations. What we got was an empty store, Asian man behind counter, smiling, and a good soup. I, like Kramer, chose the Mulligatawny. Full of curry and vegetables, it was good. $8 good? No. But I sampled my co-workers seafood jambalaya and it was amazing. Wanted the lobster bisque but alas my lactose intolerance and IBS would not allow it. So will I go back? Yes. But only if they have the jambalaya that day.

After work I met up with all my old co-workers from my previous job at the local bar. I haven't seen them in about 3 months so it was time to get together and trade gossip. It was as if nothing has changed. Same group of people. Same drinks. Same stories. But I miss them so it was all good. Until the bar started setting up the karaoke set. Then it was time to leave. Hurts so Good? I don't think so.

12 Comments:

Blogger H3NR7 said...

What's IBS? Is that "Italian Basil Soup"?

10:34 PM  
Blogger Brandon said...

Thanks for Posting!

10:07 PM  
Blogger Simone said...

Now it's your turn BJL

11:20 AM  
Blogger Brandon said...

Ok, I will post later Monday! But you have to Comment me and get people to comment me,Pleasee,lol....thanks



P.s- I m getting sick of the Word verification on the bottom....errrr

11:05 PM  
Blogger irideout said...

I like the word verification! I think it's fun. :)

11:56 AM  
Blogger H3NR7 said...

jmykrl

5:46 PM  
Blogger Brandon said...

To Henry: You think its FUN?? I can't imagine what you think is BORING???


DAM WORD VERIFICATION!!

4:29 PM  
Blogger Simone said...

Irene thinks it's fun. Not Henry. He's just making fun!

8:48 PM  
Blogger Brandon said...

OOOO Sorry, Well that last comment is to Irene then,


qwfbjfyo

4:17 PM  
Blogger irideout said...

Yeah! I think it's fun! The letters are always in different colors and fonts, and displayed all wavy-like! What's not fun about that? :)

9:49 PM  
Blogger H3NR7 said...

wodr revifciaiton si unf! I ovel it! Whoo-Hooo!

1:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I THINK ITS DUMB AND ANNOYING! I only have it on my blog to stop those people wh o advertise or something..ERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRr

11:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home