January 16, 2006

Status quo

Things are quiet around here. We didn't do much this weekend with the weather being either rainy, or freezing cold or both. I must admit we've had a good Winter so far with temp's reaching the 50's last week and supposedly again this week. But enough about the weather. People only talk weather when stuck in the elevator.

We've been catching up with our Netlflix Smallville DVD's and knocked out two this weekend. I realized that finishing this Season 4 means we will be caught up and now have to wait for the current Season 5 to finish on TV and then for them to make the DVD's. Sigh. What to watch next?

24!

We will start Season 4 of 24 this week. Once done with that we will once again be caught up with the current season and have to wait for the Fall for the DVD to come out. I guess at that point we will finally get around to watching Firefly and then rent Serenity.

Long overdue, I know.

We finally popped open Veuve Cliquot's 'Le Grande Dame' Champagne this weekend. Mighty tasty. This was last year's birthday gift from our friend Eric. I figured we better drink it soon before I (hopefully) get pregnant.

Hopefully. REALLY HOPEFULLY! We will see.

Now back to watching the boring Golden Globes.

13 Comments:

Blogger irideout said...

We need to watch Season 4 of 24 also! We keep putting it off, though, because we get so wrapped up in it that we want to watch the episodes back-to-back-to-back, etc., and that's hard to do with Isabelle. Maybe when her sleeping gets more predictable, we can start watching it after she goes to bed.

Serenity is #2 on our queue right now! It's one of Ken's picks. I'm not so much a fan of Firefly. :P

I've got my fingers crossed for you!!

10:19 PM  
Blogger Brandon said...

Well I don't really watch seasons of stuff, I usually watch movies, I usually get two movies every week, usually New Releases.(Dam I used Usually alot of times,lol)

11:46 PM  
Blogger Simone said...

We, too, have to watch like 4 episodes in a row of 24. I can't wait b/c I've heard good things about Season 4 and even better things about the premiere of Season 5 this past Sunday night.

(I've been tivo'ing them hoping we can catch up!)

10:26 AM  
Blogger Brandon said...

OOOOO Today's My moms B-Day(I made a post about it)

10:51 AM  
Blogger hillary said...

am i the only person who doesn't use netflix?

well that's ok. netflix is only there because the government wants to get rid of blockbuster for being so wonderful.

that's right. i went there.

7:20 PM  
Blogger Simone said...

Blockbuster dug their own hole. Long lines. Clueless staff. Ridiculous late fees.

NETFLIX RULES!!!

7:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry Sim, but when was the last time time you wen to Blockbuster? NO MORE LATE FEES! You can hold a movie for up to 30 days the fee is only 1.25

10:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

But Im still a NETFLIX FAN, but I just hate waiting for my movies :(

10:58 AM  
Blogger Simone said...

Wait, first you say no more late fees. Then you say the fee is only 1.25.

Sounds like a late fee to me!

I hate Blockbuster. Too expensive. They never have what I want. They just plain old suck.

5:38 PM  
Blogger hillary said...

yes, the choice at BB is limited.

yes, there are late fees (albiet, small ones.)

i can't personally say the staff sucks because i've known most of them my whole life, but i do admit they can be a little slow at other BB's.

but the purpose of netflix is not to give you everything BB doesn't. it's so the government can keep tabs on you and what movie choice you make. they probly have joyce brothers in a chamber analyzing your film faves, saying that you are one of the most likely to blow up the world...

i've said my piece...

6:11 PM  
Blogger Simone said...

So does that mean b/c I've been renting tons of "24s" I am plotting to be a terrorist? Maybe they're tapping me right now!

Cool.

7:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am saying the Fee for b/b is only 1.25 when its past 30 days.

10:09 AM  
Blogger Brandon said...

When are you gonna Post??????????????????

8:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home