December 22, 2005

And we're off to sunny Miami and even sunnier Costa Rica!

I'm working from home today. No way I was going to drag in my luggage to work and then attempt to catch a cab in midtown to Penn Station. I am SO done with this strike!

But I must admit, my ride in a cab home last night almost brought me to tears. We rode up Park Avenue and it was just stunningly beautiful. Beautiful Christmas trees lit up along the whole way. Magnificent buildings with elegant decorations. I love this city so much. Even with all the strikes and craziness. I really hope I never have to leave it. It would just break my heart.

On that note, we're off to Miami tonight! We will be there until Monday when we then proceed to Costa Rica! Our cousin Andy has the itinerary perfectly set up...

Dec. 25th - Matthew arrives in Costa Rica

Dec. 26th - Andy, David and Simone arrive in Costa Rica

Dec. 27th - Leave Santa Ana by contracted bus to Monteverde at 8:20am. We spend the day doing sky walk and canopy tour. Stay the night at http://www.monteverdecloudforestlodge.com. Can arrange Jungle Night Walk through the hotel.

Dec. 28th - Leave Monteverde at 1:25pm to return to Santa Ana. Free afternoon.

Dec. 29th - White-water rafting - River Pacuare. Leave at 5:50am from my home by bus, spend day rafting and return home by 7pm.

Dec. 30th - Drive to Arenal Volcano. Spend time exploring La Fortuna and the hot springs, etc. Stay the night at http://www.montanadefuego.com .

Dec. 31st - Continue to explore Arenal and then return home in the early afternoon. Rest to prepare to drink and party in Escazu!

Jan. 1st. - We can either drive to Jaco beach (very scenic two hours) or rest at home. Relax for the day.

Jan. 2nd. - David and Simone return to New York.

Jan. 4th - Matthew returns.

Merry Christmas to you all (or Happy Hannukah)
Talk to you next year!!

5 Comments:

Blogger hillary said...

yay for you!

merry christmas/happy hannukah!!

9:53 AM  
Blogger Brandon said...

Happy Everthing, Can't Wait to see you!

11:18 AM  
Blogger irideout said...

Wow, that sounds fabulous! Bring back lots of photos. :) Have a great time!!

1:06 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

Wow!
Have a wonderful time!
Happy holidays!

9:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can you let me know how you enjoyed the monteverde
cloud forest lodge. I am staying there in February and am wondering..hope you had a great time. thanks

5:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home