December 11, 2005

Winter Wonderland



I awoke on Friday to find the most beautiful snowfall out my window. And Rachel on TV!

My friend Maria from Miami stayed with us Thursday night. In the afternoon we walked through the park. Threw snowballs. Went to the Met and had lunch. Wandered through Zabar's for cheese. Starbucks to warm up. Then Barnes & Noble to browse. I saw Frank McCourt's new book was out. I have told Maria in the past that she needs to read Angela's Ashes. So we went looking for it when I hear over the loudspeaker "Mr. Frank McCourt will now be signing new copies of his latest book. Please come by and meet him!" WHAT? How perfect is that. So Maria went to grab Angela's Ashes, I Teacher Man and we had him sign copies. I got all shy and hid. Maria then proceeded to tell him that I wanted to meet him but was too shy. "I'm not the Pope!" he responded. I told him how much I've enjoyed his books and if he plans to continue writing. "There's nothing else left to do!" he responded. He signed our books, we wished him well and went on our way.

1 Comments:

Blogger Brandon said...

Hii!! L00ks like you had a Nice weekend! And whats your address?? Please email it to me. And I Have Good NEWS!! I might go to New York the weekend of Martin Luther King weekend, and my mom's B-day(Same wknd.) Ihope it SNOWS that WEEKEND!!!!!!!!My mom might take us.......

7:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home