February 05, 2006

Bad Hair Day


I haven't cut my hair since June 2004. Partially because I wanted to grow it long. Partially because I don't really have a hairdresser. The last time I cut my hair was for my Mom's wedding. I went for a blow out with her and ended up getting a cut as well. A $125 cut.

Yeah. $125 haircut.

So now you see why I haven't been back. But my hair was getting too long and unruly. I saw a friend last week who I haven't seen in a while and she said "Wow. It's wild". I knew it was time to get it done. So I figured since I haven't cut it in a year and a half, I was entitled to another $125 cut. I made the appointment.

Before I left David asked if I was going to get highlights. But I'm not a highlights type of girl. I've always prided myself on having naturaly blonde hair. No dyes. No nothing. But he made me wonder.

When I arrived at the salon my stylist looked at my hair and suggested I get some highlights around the top. It was slightly darker than the rest since it hadn't seen the summer sun in quite some time. But I told him I'm not that type of girl. He kept at it. With the combination of him and David both telling me to get highlights I gave in.

The woman was good. She just did Carol Alt and Doug Wilson's hair. But I quickly noticed she wasn't doing the top of my head, she was doing the WHOLE head! I asked her why and she said "ha, we tricked you". WHAT? Tricked me? WTF? But it was halfway done so what could I do? She didn't put the foil all over my head because she said that would be too harsh. She only left it on for 15 minutes. During that time I was not happy. I started thinking about the fact that highlights damage your hair. I didn't want to be one of those chicks with fried, dry hair. Ugh, what did I do? Why did I give in? So weak!

When it was all done it's not so bad. But not so great either. Looks like I spent the weekend at the beach with a bottle of Sun In. But after dropping $450 (including tips) I knew it wasn't worth it. For $450 I should look like a new woman. And I don't. He cut my hair shorter than I wanted. I spent all that time growing it long and now that was all for naught!

Next time, maybe I'll just do Supercuts.

11 Comments:

Blogger irideout said...

Oh! I'm so sorry you don't like your haircut. :( I also tend to go over a year between cuts, and so I am always extra-excited about wanting a good haircut. I'm sure you look beautiful, though! I mean, any salon that charges that much must be good, right? Maybe the new style just takes getting used to.

I would have been REALLY upset about the whole-head highlights though. I mean, they "tricked" you!? Come on! That's not what you WANTED. That's poor business, I think. I don't know how I would've reacted. Maybe I would've given a miserly tip! (I'm always loathe to not tip at all, even if that's the message I really want to send...)

12:03 PM  
Blogger Spo0kybear said...

is that a typo? you spent $450 at the salon??

since you're in the mood for overpaying...can you take all of us out to balthazar's before the super bowl??

1:01 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

Wow!
That's a lot of money.
I'm sorry you don't think it was worth it.
Could you take a picture so we can see it? I bet it really does look wonderful!

6:41 PM  
Blogger hillary said...

that's low. "tricked ya."

mick jagger can put up with a lot of stuff, but he wouldn't have put up with that. he would have kicked that hairdresser's face in.

and then he would have spent $450 on to bribe them not to press charges...

i think you handled it a lot more professionally then mick jagger would have. you're hair probably looks better, too.

if that's any consolation at all.

8:39 PM  
Blogger sophia lee said...

damn those ppl! it's like the pedicure i got in taiwan, costing nearly 100bux for it, n nothing special! :-( u hv a foto? u don't need no hilite!

6:42 AM  
Blogger Simone said...

I will post a photo later today.

I should have said something. I'm unhappy that he cut so much off and I'm really unhappy with myself for giving in to the pressure to get highlights. I should've stuck w/ my gut feeling. Oh well. At least I won $100 last night on the superbowl. That will pay for 20% of my head.

I don't think I will get it cut for another year.

9:32 AM  
Blogger Brandon said...

OOOO Ok Now you have to be a little more strict with the Salon Guy or Girl. If that was that me then I would say "You tricked ME??? I didnt want thatcut, you better fix my hair or I will fix your face" If they charged me that much for a cut and did not like it, i would pay HALF of $450. Noo 450 bucks. I must leave a barbershop happy or NOOOO TIP!! How can you tip if you don't like it.... I wonder what my daD WOULD HAVE DONE!! but pleasee post a pic, you probally dont like but i bet you it looks good. Congrats in winning 100 bucks from the Super Bowl. I only won 1 Dollar.LOL... My neighbor won $325 and my freind had to cut his hair and his hair was LONG!!! Now it is going to be short like my hair.

p.s- this was the longest!! comment i ever left... Please post a PIC...
love you

Brandon

11:02 AM  
Blogger H3NR7 said...

$450? Fo'Real?!! Geez. That's an XBox 360.
Demand yo money back.
Bah you wimp! I bet you didn't ask to speak to a manager. You must escalate to the umpteenth level! CALL BACK AND DO IT RIGHT!

You know, you looked really good on Sunday and I didn't notice that it was getting wild looking, Again!

2:27 AM  
Blogger irideout said...

Hey, I like the new layout!! Is this a new template? I've been getting so tired of mine, but I didn't like any of the others, but I like this one...

2:13 PM  
Blogger Brandon said...

coo teplate! Where did you get it?

4:07 PM  
Blogger Brandon said...

Your hair does not like bad, It looks good but i loved your pure Blonde Hair. But its not Bad. You look Happy and mad at the same time in your picture.

2:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home