February 27, 2006

Not so Fresh, not so Direct


Since it's so damn cold out I decided to Fresh Direct my deliveries this weekend. On top of being so convenient and super fresh, they were offering a free box of Clementines with any order until March 1st. Who can resist the sweet, tangy Clementines?

I requested an 11am-1pm delivery on Sunday. That would allow me to sleep in and be here in time for our friend Eric to arrive to spend the day with us. Eric came around 1. No Fresh Direct yet. We hadn't eaten, and I was getting pretty cranky. 1:30. 1:45. 2:00. Nothing. Zip. Zilch. Finally I sent them an email telling asking what the hell happened, and we left for brunch at Popover Cafe. While at Popover's, which is 10 blocks away, we saw the familiar sight of a Fresh Direct man pulling a huge dolley loaded with precariously placed boxes, wobbling and begging to topple over. There goes my eggs. I'm not sure if he had my delivery on there, probably not, but I couldn't help feel sorry for this guy. 20 degrees outside, windchill even worse, pulling this huge dolley with boxes tumbling down and not a soul would stop to help. But ultimately, all I really cared about is my stuff.

When we got back there was no notice, no email, no phone message. WTF? Someone finally called around 7pm and asked if I received it yet. Um, shouldn't they know if I did. I told her I didn't. She said she has no idea what happened and offered to reschedule the delivery for tonight with $10 off my order. I took it. I couldv'e argued for more but wasn't in the mood.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL, I would have said NO I WANT A HUGE DISCOUNT OR PUT MY GROCERIES IN MY FRIDGE FOR ME, lol

11:08 AM  
Blogger H3NR7 said...

YEAH. AND WHILE YOU'RE AT IT, COOK ME SOME EGGS. HAH!

12:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL, For real!

3:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home