February 13, 2006

Blizzard '06




Just got back from a weekend in Long Island visiting David's parents. We went out for one night and ended up staying two due the the Long Island Railroad having too many issues. Can you believe some people were stuck on the trains for 6 hours?

First off let me say that I thought the opening ceremonies for the Olympics was crap. Ice skating cows? A Ferrari doing doughnuts on the ice? Yoko Ono? Come on now. I thought Italy would do so much better. The only thing good was the pyrotechnics and Pavaroti. Even the lighting was unmoving. Bah!

So the blizzard. Not as 'blizzardy' as I expected. I was longing to be in Central Park once I heard they got 28". I think we only got a measely 15". Still pretty though. Especially at dusk when everything lights up in a bluish color that is spectacular.

Didn't do a whole lot outside of watching Olympics and eating. We did venture out looking for a good sledding hill but ended up driving around in bad conditions with no hills to be found. Guess we have to hope for another snowfall before Springtime.

1 Comments:

Blogger Brandon said...

Co-OL! I want 2 see SNOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home