February 14, 2006

Olympic Heartbreak

Watching the pairs ice skating last night broke my heart. Before each couple would skate NBC would give you some sob story on hard hard their journey has been and why they need to win this. This made it even more nerve wrecking. The Russian couple was beautiful. And fully deserved to win the gold. After that disaster in 2002 it's amazing that anyone could skate again. Everytime the woman is thrown into the air I hold my breath and wince hoping they will make the landing.

But nothing was more devastating than watching Zhang & Zhang miss the quadruple salchow. I think we could all feel her pain. I was actually sobbing throughout the performance. These people have been training their whole lives. Apparently they have only seen their families for 1 week since training from the age of 13.

You go Zhang & Zhang. You made us proud. Next time, just do the triple.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Valentines!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Yea, I was watching the olympics last night, Is sooo cool the snowboarding!

11:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home