September 22, 2006

The Charm

I've always heard that the third time is the charm. I never really knew where it came from or why. I googled it and found some vague meaning from England long ago that could or could not be right. But anyway...

I'm pregnant! Not just pregnant-but 12 weeks and 3 days pregnant. Pregnant as in we're really going to have a baby pregnant. Pregnant as in we saw the baby on the ultrasound this morning and it looks perfect!

Oh what a wonderful day. I was so nervous at the appointment. The ultrasound tech put it on my belly and immediately we could see the image and see that the baby was a good size! It was just amazing. The heart was beating so rapidly. She measured and the baby was 12 wks 3 days! Even bigger and further along than we thought! The tech kept pushing and jiggling my belly to make the baby move. After a few tries she/he finally squirmed! The baby was cranky and flailed it's arms then turned over so we could see the spine. So unbelievably amazing. We are overjoyed. Finally my time has come. I thought I might never get to this point.

17 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

YEAH!!! Congratulations! Already, that's one cute baby. I hear they come out in full technicolor ;)

X Rachel

11:40 AM  
Blogger H3NR7 said...

OHMYGOD! Congratulations to youse three. Balbabysingh on the way.
Whoo-HOOO!
You DID IT!

Whoa...Is that your Uterus?

11:42 AM  
Blogger irideout said...

I knew it!! I knew it, I knew it, I knew it! :) Whenever you seem to be posting less frequently, I get suspicious that you might be pregnant again, and this time, when you posted yesterday about having to "get through tomorrow", I had my fingers crossed for you! CONGRATULATIONS!!! He/she looks perfect! I can't wait to read more about your pregnancy in the coming months. :)

12:20 PM  
Blogger michael said...

S&D- Congrats! this is so awesome. You guys are going to be the best parents!

12:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks everyone! We are overjoyed.

And yes Henry, that is my uterus. That is usually where babies hang out in the beginning.

1:09 PM  
Blogger Trish said...

WHOOOO HOOOOOO!!!!! I finally am going to get to be an Aunty!!!!Love you guys & I am SO Happy for you!

1:56 PM  
Blogger e.kuo. said...

YAY! Congrats! the u-sound photos are fantastic.

3:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

YAY!!!!!! That's such exciting news!

Congratulations!

Kelly

4:05 PM  
Blogger Brandon said...

I can not wait!!!!!!!! I am going to have a first cousin! Whoo!

7:14 PM  
Blogger Jenny & Erik said...

That's such wonderful news! Congratulations!!!

12:19 AM  
Blogger Spo0kybear said...

that is one hot uterus.

12:30 AM  
Blogger hillary said...

YAY for you!!

Congratulations!

9:12 AM  
Blogger baldeoconnection said...

YAY!!!! I'm so happy for you guys... he/she is too cute already :) Love you guys!
LisaB

6:10 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

Oh my GOSH!
I am always amazed when I see a 12 week ultrasound. You have a real BABY growing in there. Complete with little hands and feet.
Awwww!!!
Simone, you SO deserve it!
Take it easy, and keep us updated, OK!

9:39 AM  
Blogger Scott said...

Congratulations! Yay! (no GfyBstd!)

OMG! Does this mean that you and Dave actually have sex ?!?! ;)

You aren't naming the baby after a Buffy or LOTR character, right?

Seriously though, I am smiling from ear to ear - I am incredibly happy for both of you!

3:43 PM  
Blogger H3NR7 said...

Gimli Launerts Rotstein?
Buffy Mercedes Baldeosingh Rotstein?
Spike Launerts Brotstein?

Henry L. Rotstein.

I'm lovin' it!

5:54 PM  
Blogger Simone said...

I like Legolas Giles Darth C3-PO Launerstein myself

9:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home