February 08, 2007

First born, first served

Took a pic last night for my Sis. I really feel as if I'm getting bigger by the day. And Baby Monkey really feels like a litte human moving around inside now. I love to see my belly move around-so cool. 31.5 weeks now. Whoa!

We took the hospital tour (Lenox Hill) last Saturday and loved what we saw. There were about 15 other couples there, I didn't expect such a turnout. When we were in the waiting room awaiting the tour there were two couples with their newborns preparing to go home. Very exciting to see how happy everyone was. The tour was about a half hour and we were shown the labor/delivery room which was beautiful. It felt almost like a hotel room. Nice wood floors, low lighting, nice view out the window, TV, baby bassinet/warmer next to bed. It just all seemed very calm and serene, not at all what I expected. I can't believe that is where it will all happen. Unless of course I end up getting a c-section. They didn't show us that room :-/ I guess I always thought the L & D room was this bright, cold unwelcoming place. We didn't get to see the recovery rooms as they were full but I peeked in and they seemed fine also. We definitely want to try for a private room as I doubt I'll be in the mood to share with someone else. But as the nurse told us, everyone wants a private room and it's first born, first served. It's extra money and not covered by insurance, but I've heard it's well worth it. I've just heard bad things about shared rooms-other patients babies crying all night, family coming in all the time, messy bathrooms. But I guess it depends on who you share with also. We'll see what we get.

We then moved on to the nursery. Wow. Lots of babies. Tiny little babies! I became very emotional upon seeing them all, and the new ones being wheeled in, or ones being wheeled out by their parents. Such a beautiful sight. So small and fresh and delicate. And to think we will be there in two months or so. Unbelievable.

We definitely want to keep the baby in the room with us and that is encouraged which we were happy to hear. In all we were very impressed with what we saw and heard and feel confident we made the right choice in hospitals. We will see after the event takes place if this is the case!

3 Comments:

Blogger irideout said...

Yay!! This is a wonderful update! :) You look great in your photo! And I'm so glad to hear you are happy with the hospital so far. Your Labor & Delivery room sounds like my recovery room, so I'm sure your recovery room will be even more comfortable!

11:13 AM  
Blogger Brandon said...

WOW!!! Your belly is NICE and BIG!! (not in a bad way).. Can't wait to see the Baby!! Hopefully it turns out to have some features like ME!! Well good luck!!

10:03 AM  
Blogger Scott said...

I LOVE funhouse mirrors...oh wait...uhhh....

3:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home