March 20, 2009

Happy Spring!



First day of Spring and it's snowing! Well I can remember years back we had a huge snow storm on this day so it's not so much of a surprise. Especially after this dismal Winter we've had. SO glad it's over. Even though temperatures are just in the 40's now, it's still a world of difference from 10's and 20's.

Work has been super busy for both David & I. More so him, but now his busy season is winding down for a bit. Sophie is almost a 2 year old and certainly has MUCH more energy than she did before, if that is even possible. She is literally running around and talking nonstop from morning to night. Still a great sleeper sleeping 11-12 hours a night, with a 2 hour nap midday. Boy I'll miss those nap when they go away. I'm starting to wonder if I should start potty training soon. Lately she's been telling me when she's doing poopies or pee pee, so I think I may get a potty soon to start the process and get her used to it. From all I heard I'm not looking forward to it though!

She definitely has a bit of a language explosion now. I think she runs through all the words she knows every single day, with me trying to add a few a day to her list. Still no three word phrases, but doing great with the two and one words at least. And she just seems so eager to learn what everything is called and how things work. Especially cooking. Maybe she'll be making ME eggs soon. Very exciting to watch.

Jenny & Erik came over last weekend with their great news of being pregnant and due in September. We spent the whole day with them and they got a real taste of life with an almost 2 year old. It's going to be great seeing them as parents as they seem real naturals. Just look at the pic of Jenny reading to Sophie!

Still looking forward to moving in July. I check Craigslist constantly just to see what's out there. But still a lot of research will be involved for school districts, neighborhoods and prices. Still, very exciting. Preferably I'd like to live in the Hell's Kitchen area, close to our work and still within walking distance to Central Park. I can't imagine being too far from our beloved park.

We have a trip to Trinidad coming up end of July for our cousin Tricia's wedding which I'm really looking forward to. Although getting David on that plane is going to be a realy challenge that I'm quite nervous about! Still, really looking forward to being with family and friends and introducing Sophie to everyone and the island.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the picture of Sophie and her Baldeosingh Toe! I cannot wait to see you all as well... 127 days until the wedding... no cold feet yet, but girl the planning nightmares are here... dreaming that John & I missed the wedding, or that they chose the wrong colors blah blah blah... all trivial stuff that we are bogged down with when planning a wedding... the most important thing for John & I is that our families are going to be able to spend time together...I can't wait to see you guys and darling Sophie( David you have to come - have your drugs arrived yet? - Andy needs to send over the sedatives!) Love you
Love, Trish

1:20 PM  
Blogger irideout said...

I miss your posts! Wonderful photos. Sophie is SO cute. She sounds and looks like a lot of fun. Wow, a trip to Trinidad sounds exciting!

9:56 PM  
Blogger baldeoconnection said...

Sedatives have been recommended! Signed, sealed and delivered! David will be fine!

6:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have a look, I think she may be ready:

http://pediatrics.about.com/cs/weeklyquestion/a/121201_ask.htm

1:49 AM  
Blogger Brandon said...

Potty training already?!? WOW!

Time flies!

Well I can't believe how fast Sophie is growing up into a little lady!

I can't wait to see you soon! Your next post will probally be pictures of usss :)

LOL...Well the wedding is going to be AWESOME!
I hope David is ok getting on the plane.
And I agree with Irene, I MISS YOUR POSTS! Damn Facebook -_-

5:22 PM  
Blogger Simone said...

I miss posting too! I always think I don't have the time, but honestly if I can FB and check email then I can write a post. I think I've just gotten out of the swing of it and for some reason feel like I have to have something important to say in order to write a post. But looking back at old posts that really isn't the case. I mean, it is MY blog after all! So I will try to update more.

10:04 AM  
Blogger H3NR7 said...

She has her mother's big feet.

3:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home