May 30, 2006

Aaaah, Summer

Summer came and knocked us over the head this weekend. And boy was it lovely!

Friday I worked half day, at home. Then off to the gym. And then off to dine on burritos and cheap n yummy margaritas at Benny's Burritos with my hubby. Met up with Henry and walked around so he could eat. Stopped at some place on 8th Ave and lo and behold who was standing right outside the window? None other than my favorite actor Phillip Seymour Hoffman! Boy was I excited. He looked sloppy as always but hell, that's his right. He's PHILLIP SEYMOUR HOFFMAN for goodness sake!

Saturday hubby and I had a wonderful brunch at my fav place Sarabeth's, followed by some shopping at Home Depot & Bed, Bath & Beyond, followed by fixing up the apt a bit. Poor David fell down and went boom and hurt his privates while trying to put up curtains. But he survived. As did the goods.

Sunday met up w/ Kelly & Joel in Brooklyn at the Havana Outpost. Mmmmm, corn, cuban sandwiches and frozen, yes FROZEN mojitos. Music was blasting and it was hard to hear but so nice to be sitting outside in the Summer air. Afterwards we walked over to see X3. I liked it. I probably liked it the least of the 3 but it was still really enjoyable. I just love seeing everyone's individual powers. I didn't care for Phoenix but whatever, at least I got to see my sweetie Wolverine. And nice an beefy at that!

Monday was our day to do nothing. Woke up late. David made a great little picnic basket and we went to Central Park to lay around and relax. Played some backgammon, ate some cheese. Just lovely.

Oh how I love Summertime.

2 Comments:

Blogger irideout said...

Sounds like a really wonderful long weekend!

8:49 AM  
Blogger Brandon said...

NICE!!Goodthing Davids OK because I want him to have kids and I want a 1st Cousin-lol.. Well wish I was there with you in the Beautiful City!

12:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home