May 09, 2006

Allergies Schmallergies

Hm, haven't posted in a while. Let's see. After much sweaty palms and racing heartbeats I was able to score two, count em TWO Radiohead tickets for their show here in June. Now the seats aren't together. But I am going. And Celvyn is going! Dave was kind enough to let him go in his place (actually, he didn't care to go) so we're in! At first I thought the seats were just two rows from each other, but after looking at the seating chart we are actually on opposite ends of the venue. Oh well, at least we will be there instead of being at home crying. Woohoo for me!

Saturday we rented a car and went out to Mike & Jeff's lovely weekend house upstate for the annual Kentucky Derby get together. When we left NYC it was nearing 70 degrees. When we arrived there, about 55. WTF? Still pretty. But my allergies took hold of me and pretty much ruined my day. I had to hide inside in misery : ( My horse Sinister Minister didn't even win. Oh well, at least the company was good.

Sunday woke up feeling so bad that I had to skip the Five Boro Bike Tour. Dammit. At least Matthew got to use my bike instead of Shaina's small n' heavy one. Met up with them for beer & wings after to get out of the house a bit.

Monday I went to the Dr pronto and got some allergy medicine. Went to CVS to fill my prescription. I told them I need the Clarinex D NOW so please have it ready in 30 minutes. Went back, and, with a suspicious eye, was told by the pharmacist that they don't have it. Ok, so when are you getting it in? Oh, we don't have that. Why do you need it? You have two prescriptions, one for Clarinex and one for Clarinex D? I don't understand why you can't just take the Clarines. Hmmmmmm?
WTF??? Um, I don't need the third degree. I just need my medicine. I will just go elsewhere. Finally got it filled at lovely Duane Reade and started feeling better soon after taking it. Not 100%, but not the 0% I was feeling before I took it either.

Met up with Gramma and Aneesha who came into the city for the day. Boy I think we wore Gramma out. Subways, cabs, buses, we did it all. Aneesha is still here hanging out until tomorrow.

And I still feel crappy :(

2 Comments:

Blogger hillary said...

I hate CVS when it comes to scripts. Never have anything. The bastards.

So even though I can't stand Buffy (I'm sorry!), I am absolutely in love with Angel. Just thought I'd let you know.

11:55 AM  
Blogger Simone said...

What episode did you get to? Keep watching, season two is MUCH better than one. Trust me!

2:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home