April 06, 2006

D&C

So everything went ok yesterday. As well as something like that can go. My doctor was there waiting for us. I think he had a delivery to go to as he looked a little rushed. But I'm so glad he's my doctor. Held my hand as they put in the anesthesia. They will send the remains to have genetic testing to see if they can pinpoint what the problem is. He also gave David and I a slew of blood tests to have done. I may be pessimistic but I feel like none of these things will help. This is all very upsetting. People tell me "it will happen" and while I know everyone means the best, no one really knows. Not friends, family, my Doctor. No one. We just have to wait and see if things do go our way, or if we have to choose another route. Either way, we will have a baby one day.

In the recovery room there was the familiar nurses there to take care of us. It really is a great place. All the nurses know your name and offer you cookies and tea or cocoa. Once again there were other girls who just had abortions. One girl couldn't stop crying. I just wanted to get out of there. As I was given the OK to leave the nurse gave me my clothes in a Eastside Gynecology tote bag. A tote bag? Because I have fond memories of this?

2 Comments:

Blogger Brandon said...

Well at least everything went well, still sad to hear that :(

11:21 AM  
Blogger hillary said...

I'm so sad for you. But I'm sure you'll get through this, because you kick ass. Not much unlike...Buffy. Just know that I'm sad about what's happening.

10:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home