April 04, 2006

Again

So today was supposed to be the day that I announced to everyone on my blog family that I am two months pregnant. Instead, after my doctor appointment yesterday, I am sad to say I am going to have another miscarriage.

David and I are in shock as we thought this time things were going to go right. But unfortunately this pregnancy has suffered the same fate as the last. The baby just wasn't growing properly and didn't make it. Obviously we are very upset, but will not give up hope. While some people prefer to keep things like this private, I feel it's better for me to be open and talk about it. I'd be kidding myself if I didn't admit that I'm nervous now about how things will go in the future. But we are staying optimistic and will keep trying.

So tomorrow is my D&C, again, to have it removed and then the healing begins. Obviously I'm not looking forward to it. I hope to get out of there as soon as possible.

The doctor suggested going for genetic testing/in-vitro but I think I would really like to try again naturally and hope for the best. If things don't go our way the third time around, then maybe we will look into other options.

9 Comments:

Blogger irideout said...

Simone! I am SO sorry. I had actually been wondering if you were pregnant, because your blog had been relatively quiet for a while. I really respect the way you are being open and honest about everything. I hope that by not hiding your struggle, you will find a lot of loving support that you otherwise might not receive. Hang in there. Don't lose hope. I know it doesn't matter what other people go through, but maybe it helps a little to know that there are others who have gone through the exact same thing - my neighbor's daughter-in-law had 2 miscarriages before successfully giving birth to a healthy little girl, who is now 1. My thoughts are with you!!

1:33 PM  
Blogger Simone said...

Thanks Irene. When I hear of others who had the same issues then went on to have a healthy baby it does help and give me more hope.

1:51 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

Simone, I am SO sorry. :(
It really is not fair.
I wish you the best of luck, and will be thinking about you for your D&C.
I agree with with you on trying a bit more before you get in the whole testing, however, if you go that route, I pray for easy answers.
Email me if you need anything at all, OK?

2:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My darling beautiful sensible daughter. I feel for you and David It is such a disappointment and schock, the whole family grieves with you. Just be strong and positive, one day you will have a healthy wonderful baby, this is apparently not the right time. I just know in my heart that you will be the best Mother ever! Much more mature and levelheaded than I ever was. I Love you very much and am very grateful that you have David, wow this will one day be a fortunate Baby you will have. Mummy

4:05 PM  
Blogger Trish said...

Love you cousin in law... will be thinking of you for the D&C...remember that the best experiences in life are those that your work for and work through...I'm so proud, and I so respect how you & Dave are handling this... I'm so glad that David married you and made you my extended family!

7:13 PM  
Blogger Brandon said...

I'm Soo Sorry.. :( :( :(

I can not wait till the day I get a phone call saying " We had the Baby!".. Hopefully that will be Next Year and I will have a New baby cousin.

I feel so bad. Hope everything goes well.Keep trying don't give up and follow your heart and Listen to your heart.

Good LUCK!
Love
BrAnDoN

4:22 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

Thinking of you today Simone.
Actually, I've been thinking of you all day.

6:15 PM  
Blogger Simone said...

Thanks everyone

10:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Simone-

I am so sorry! I know that you and David will have children one day, and you'll be amazing parents.

I'm thinking of you.

Kelly

11:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home