April 17, 2006

Easter weekend




Had a nice weekend. Mom & Fred were in town. On Friday we were lucky enough to score a reservation for Ouest. Oh. My. Goodness. That food was so damn good. Amazing amazing amazing. The wine was phenomenal. Our appetizers, especially David's omelet souffle and my Mom's lobster & cauliflower dish, were excellent. Our entree's and desserts were equally as good. I don't think I'd get get squab again though. A tad too much gaminess for my liking. I can't believe we've lived within 10 blocks of this place for years and only now have tried it. We will definitely be back.

Saturday we had brunch in the West Village, had David row us around the lake in Central Park, and lobster rolls for dinner in the Village. The summer weather took us all by surprise and wore us out by the end of the day. The 80 gazillion people in Central Park were a bit annoying also.

Easter Sunday we woke up early (6:30AM!) to be in Long Island for Easter breakfast with our cousins. We always have a great time with them with tons of laughs. Dagmar and I had the job of the Easter bunnies and hid the eggs around the yard. It was great fun watching the kids look for eggs. Especially 2 year old Sophie on her first hunt. A little confused at first, but with some guidance she got the hang of it. I must admit though, I was eyeing that Nerds Rope she had.

1 Comments:

Blogger Brandon said...

WISH I WAS THERE! I DIDNT HAVE A HUNT THIS YEAR :(

6:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home