April 09, 2006

V

Since I've been home for a week now we decided to get out of the house for the day. Met with Henry and headed over the river to Williamsburg, Brooklyn to see our friend Susan D. Most of her time is spent in Greece with her husband but she comes back a couple times a year to live the NYC life and catch up on her photography. Although she couldn't make it to our wedding way back when she had promised us one of her gorgeous photos as a wedding gift. No fault of hers, it just took us this long to get over there to meet up with her and take her up on her offer.

Dreary day. Rain, rain and more rain. Cold, cold and more cold. But still nice to get out nonetheless. Ate lunch at a Polish place and shared plates of delicious Kielbasa, potato pancakes, pierogies, Ukranian borscht, chicken schnitzel and sweet n' creamy cheese blintzes. Damn that food is good. And perfect for a day like yesterday.

We then headed back to Susan's apartment. Great place. Railroad style but perfect for her and her work. Looked through some of her various prints and decided on a beautiful one from her Urban Landscape Series. Hopefully soon we'll get around to framing it and putting it up on our brick wall.

We helped her start up her own blog. She was amazed at how simple it all was. I hope it will help her show off her work and maybe sell some more prints.

Finally saw V For Vendetta afterwards. Loved it. I'm so glad I didn't read any negative reviews that could have steered me away from this movie. I just had a feeling I'd like it. I mean, how cool are those posters? Natalie Portman was excellent. I just loved the whole feel of the movie. The (oh so obvious) parallels to our government, the colors, the music. It was all so nicely done. We should all be so brave here in the US.

Headed over to Johnny Rockets afterwards for some damn good greasy burgers and a root beer float. I think those are my favorite burgers ever.

1 Comments:

Blogger Brandon said...

Looks like you had a nice Wknd So far.. We saw Ice Age 2 that was so good! Maybe I blog about it.

12:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home