May 22, 2006

Recap

So let's see...what have I done recently to blog about?

*Well last week I cried exactly three times watching TV...

-Once when Taylor sang "You are so Beautiful" on American Idol
-Again when Walt told Michael "I love you" while being dragged away on Lost
-And yet again when the hippies, my favorite pair EVER, won The Amazing Race

Yes, I'm a big sappy mess sometimes, well, a lot of times.

*My ex-boyfriend found me on myspace recently. So strange. I never thought to look for him. Or for most people actually. So, so long ago I knew him. So long that I feel incredibly old when I think about it...seventeen years ago. Yeesh!

*I have been running my ass off, or trying to at least, around Central Park or the gym as I have gained 10 lbs with the pregnancy then the depression of the loss, as well as not being able to run until the Dr gave me the ok. Which he did 3 weeks ago. So for 2 weeks now I have been running. A lot. My clothes WILL fit again. And soon dammit.

*Matthew was dog sitting the sweetest Weimeraner this weekend. I am in love with Maxie. Met up with him and Chris in the dog run on Saturday and gave him bottled water and walked him on the leash. Instant attraction. Damn I wish I could get a dog. But the cats and my reluctance to walk it and pick up poopies would get in the way. As Matthew walked away with Maxie and we parted, Maxie kept looking back at me with sadness in his eyes. I felt like I was going to cry. Again.

Got home to catch the Preakness. And once again, cried. How unbelievably sad it was to watch the amazing Barbaro fall apart before our very eyes. Good luck Barbaro. We are all thinking about you!

*Sunday we went to the Ninth Avenue International Food Fair. Even with the rain plenty of people were there eating. And we were right along there with them. Tasty english sandwiches at Peter's of London, AMAZING chili and ribs at Spanky's, yummy $1 lemonade everywhere, warm spinach pies at Poseidon as well as freshly made baklava and cookies. It's funny, we NEVER go to Poseidon bakery until the food fair.

Afterwards we hung out at Henry's and then met the famiily at a Turkish restaurant for Matthew's birthday meal. Though full from the food fair the little bit I tasted was yummy and the Cosmo I had even yummier.

*Now I am home sick. Felt very rundown this morning and couldn't sleep. Felt I needed a day to sleep and get better before thngs got worse.

Oh how I love daytime television : )

3 Comments:

Blogger irideout said...

Hope you feel better soon!

Sounds like an exciting past few days. The food fair must've been awesome.

What's the deal with MySpace? I've been hearing a lot about it lately. It seems like a cross between Friendster and Blogger. Is that what it is?

10:01 AM  
Blogger Simone said...

yeah kinda. I only joined b/c my friends asked me to. It's a way to meet people, find people, or just send little messages back n' forth. I don't really use it much unless someone drops me a note.

People need to be careful though. I hear (and know) some companies now check up on employees there.

11:56 AM  
Blogger Brandon said...

MYSPACE RULES!!!!!
Its awesome for teens! Leave messgaes,Customize page, find old friends! You just gotta becareful for predators. I have a myspace.Its on private(you must add me as a friend to view my page).

And everyones getting sick. I feel weak this affternoon and tired. And looks like you had an Action-Packed weekend!

8:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home