November 05, 2006

Obsession

I know I haven't been blogging lately. Probably because all waking hours that aren't spent at work are spent online looking at baby stuff! Every chance I get I'm looking at bedding, cribs, and info on babies. I'm obsessed! And what really stinks is I still haven't the perfect crib and bedding. I'm finding it so difficult to find something gender neutral that I like. The set on the left has the colors I like, but still not perfect. Or is it? We really don't even need to buy crib bedding until the baby is born, but I just want a set that I like so we can then decide on crib/wall color. I don't even know why I bother looking online, because things are so different in person. I know I will ultimately decide when I see items in the store. But it helps to pass the time since TV this season seems to suck.

I'm feeling good. No movements yet. At night I lay in bed and concentrate to see if I feel even the slightest hint of a movement. Last night I thought I felt something. But I think I just wanted to feel it so much that I mistook stomach gurglings for movement. Or maybe not. Who knows. I sure don't-I'm new at this!

Today we're going to Central Park to watch the marathon and see a friend of mine run it. It's crazy how fast everyone passes us and how difficult it is to spot him, but David always sees him and we yell a quick HELLO and he's gone. Those people amaze me. I used to think about doing one, but then I thought 'Am I crazy?' and came back to reality.

Ok, off to look up more baby stuff.

5 Comments:

Blogger irideout said...

It's fun preparing for baby! Enjoy it!!

I've heard other mothers-to-be "complain" (in quotes, because it's all still fun!) about having difficulty finding gender neutral items, too. I guess it's the "price to pay" for deciding not to find out the sex. ;) But then again, even though we did find out we were having a girl, we still were on a mission to buy gender-neutral items because we plan to re-use everything for a future baby, whose sex we don't know. :P

I'm all for buying stuff before the baby comes. Even before you need it - like you might not need a high chair right away, but I say go ahead and get one (or register for one!) if you find one you like. For me, life got to be SO busy and tiring after Isabelle arrived that I was relieved and glad that I already had stuff as I found I needed them, because I sure didn't have the time or energy to shop, let alone comparison shop!

12:40 PM  
Blogger Simone said...

Thanks Irene-now I feel better. I felt like I was jumping the gun a little but you're right. Once baby is here there's no time! And that's a good idea to buy gender neutral either way for the next baby.

3:40 PM  
Blogger H3NR7 said...

That crib looks great. I like it.

There's a lot of good TV if you DVR it.
I've been watching SIX FEET UNDER on Bravo. This show is so good. And ARRESTED DEVELOPMENT. And check out HEROES Tonight.

And if you don't like those shows. You still have all those DVDs you've borrowed from me from the past 5 years. Watch FREAKS AND GEEKS.

VIEW IT!

7:26 PM  
Blogger Brandon said...

PRISON BREAK! AND WATCH THE NEW REAL WORLD COMING UP NEXT WEEK! REAL WORLD: DENVER.. THOSE TWO SHOWS ARE THE ONLY TWO GOOD SHOWS SO FAR.. I GUESS YOUR OBESSED, I AM WHEN I CANT WAIT FOR SOMETHING.LIKE X MAS.I CANT WAIT TO GET THE SAME CAMERA HENRY HAS...!

3:21 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

ooh! I like that!
We got this one for Miles:
http://www.babysupermall.com/main/products/kli/kli5900beds.html
But we knew we were having a boy. I painted his walls on the bottom a brown and the top a jungle green.
I put a trim border to seperate them.
Your colors are lighter and it could definetly be gender neutral.
In my opinion, there are not very many gender neutral bedding themes.
Having 2 boys, I always think the ones considered gender neutral always look more girly than boy.
PLUS, if you have a girl, then the girly things will stay for a long time, but BOYS grow up so fast and soon don't want teddy bears etc...

We had an aquatic theme in Logan's room. I literally hand painted 50 or so fish on his walls. BY HAND!
WHen he was JUST three we painted over it and changed it into a big boy room with trucks and cars etc...

It's tough!!!
I do like it though.
And that's my book for the day! :)

2:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home