March 25, 2007

Guston Meyers

Friday night as we were going to sleep I started to feel something. Pains. Down in the belly area. Huh? Now? No! The pains lasted a minute or so and were in all different areas. Mainly below the belly button. They weren't often enough to time, but still I started to freak out. I'm sure they were Braxton Hicks contractions. Or 'Guston Meyers' if you're David. For some reason he thought that was the name of them. At least I got a good laugh while in pain!

In all it lasted an hour and a half. It was good practice for us. I sat. I stood. What seemed to really help me relax was concentrating on breathing and looking at a framed photo we have of Block Island! David rubbed my back, neck, arms, feet. Brought me water. It was painful but not overwhelmingly so. Mostly it was just plain scary! I said to him "I'm not ready". Then I thought, well I have to be ready, because ready or not the time is around the corner.

13 day until my due date...

8 Comments:

Blogger irideout said...

13 days!!!

That is TOO funny that David thought they were called "Guston Meyers"!!! I got a good laugh, too. I mean, really, where did he come up with those names?! Hee hee. Cute.

It's good you got some "practice" and were able to figure out what techniques work for you for dealing with the pain. It will make the real thing just a wee bit less scary.

9:00 AM  
Blogger Jen said...

That's the first sign that you're getting ready!
I bet you'll deliver early...that's my guess!
yay! SOOOO exciting!!

9:19 AM  
Blogger Simone said...

I hope I deliver early. My Mom is coming from March 31 to April 10. The pressure is on as I'd like to have the baby when she's here. But let's hope the baby will cooperate. So strange to just sit around and wait for the labor to start.

9:52 AM  
Blogger H3NR7 said...

I'm confused. What does last year's American Idol winner have to do with anything?

I bet it was the lobster dinner speaking

11:04 AM  
Blogger Simone said...

That's actually how I got David to remember the real name. WOOO!

3:21 PM  
Blogger H3NR7 said...

Knowing David, he'll probably remember it as "Anita Baker Hicks."

3:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you do a Google search for "Guston Meyers," the only hit that comes up is your blog. Apparently nobody else on the internet has ever strung those two words together in that order...

8:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you're looking for a boy's name I think you found it!

Kelly

1:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home