November 13, 2006

Inside & Out

Today we had our 2nd trimester (19 wks) 'Anatomic Survey' ultrasound!


And here's my belly shot taken Tuesday. I'm getting BIG!


Click here to watch the short video of our Baby Monkey!



I don't love the ultrasound techs at the hospital. I mean, they are nice enough, but it seems like as soon as I layed down she squeezed the jelly on my belly and was already doing her survey. I thought-whoa lady, slow down. This ultrasound I must admit was dissapointing. The last one the images were taken further away, and I could see the whole baby. This time around everything was REALLY close up, most of the time I had no clue what she was doing and had to squint at the screen to see what she typed in (aorta, bladder, femur, upper arms, etc). I felt she should've been a little nicer and explained things as we had to keep saying "What's that?" and she'd say it and quickly move on to the next. I know she has a job to do, but, seeing the pics of her adorable children on the wall, she must know that as first time parents this is very exciting for us and a little more explanation couldn't hurt. Still, seeing the baby on screen is so amazing!

So this is the best pic we got. We also bought a DVD which has all the images plus one quick video, and, best (or worst) of all the sex of the baby on it! But David has forbidden me to peek. And, because I'm so damn honest, I just couldn't do it! It's killing me but I have to go by what we agreed to.

The tech said everything looked ok BUT, we have to go back again because my tired little baby monkey wouldn't turn over to give her a clear view of the spine! The tech made me cough, which didn't make sense to me, but she never really jiggled it around as the last tech had done. SO we are going back in two weeks to get the spine images. Not that I mind. Who doesn't want to see their baby? Hopefully we'll get the tech we had the first time around as she was a little better and knew how to jiggle the baby into the direction she wanted.

8 Comments:

Blogger Brandon said...

GREAT!! CONGRATS! put a before and after pic when you post the pic! CONGRATS! The video was cool! It was moving fast! (the baby)

4:17 PM  
Blogger irideout said...

Wow!! I can't believe you got video! That is awesome. Our ultrasound clinic didn't offer that. Your little baby is really squirming around in there! Were you able to feel the motion while watching him/her moving around?

It's too bad your tech wasn't very friendly. I seem to remember thinking that ours was pretty stoic, too, and Ken and I talked about it afterwards, wondering if they need to do that just in case something is wrong. Like it's probably not "appropriate" if they're gushing about your beuatiful baby, and then they suddenly notice something is wrong, and have to change their demeanor all of a sudden... And do they actually tell the doctor first, who tells you at your follow-up appointment, if something is wrong? I'm not sure... But it occurred to me that maybe they "need" to have a game face, for those less-than-happy-news situations...

Anyhoo, it's great news for you that everything is going well. :) Can't wait to see your latest belly shot!

6:32 PM  
Blogger Simone said...

Thanks guys.

No, I couldn't really feel anything during the ultrasound except the sonogram tool on my belly moving around. She started the ultrasound and then left for like 10 minutes to go show the Dr the photos and see what he said. When she returned she looked again briefly to see if baby turned over and then said "nope, you'll have to come back". I felt like she didn't really try to make it turn. Then we had to ask if everything looked ok and she said the Dr said it looks fine. She would've let us leave not knowing! And the Dr she showed it to wasn't our Dr, it was the Dr who is at the ultrasound center. I believe he then relays the info to our Dr, who we are seeing next week for our monthly check up.

I must admit we are excited to go back again on the 27th for another view of the little one! : )

Oh, and I finally felt some movement yesterday at work! Woohoo!

8:47 AM  
Blogger Brandon said...

THATS AWESOME! NICE BELLY SHOT! DAM IRENE WRITES ALOT! LOL...

4:02 PM  
Blogger Simone said...

She's a Mom so I love anything she has to say! AND, her spelling is PERFECT ;-)

6:32 PM  
Blogger H3NR7 said...

Whoa! Your baby's moving fast. I think its doing "The Worm."
Baldancingsingh!

8:12 PM  
Blogger irideout said...

I do pride myself in my spelling. ;)

And I have always had a problem with wordiness in writing. :( In papers, in email, in IM's...

8:10 AM  
Blogger Trish said...

Oh my goodness Darling...
Baby monkey moves like a Trini during Carnival... baby got rhythm :)
I can't belive that you've started to feel the baby move... that's so great... my love to both you & Dave.Have a great weekend!

12:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home