September 17, 2009

Block Island

I know it's been awhile since I posted. Here are some pics from our annual trip to Block Island. I have to say it was the least enjoyable time out there of all our past trips, if there is such a thing. With the ridiculous heat and humidity (90%) all week, virtually NO breeze, and being pregnant I was just really uncomfortable for a majority of the trip. It was highly unusual as normally we are so chilly in the evenings out there that we need sweatshirts and blankets to keep warm while sitting on the deck after the sun goes down! I think it just really threw me for a loop and others were feeling it too. But of course we did have a great time, with daily trips to the beach late in the day, wonderful homemade dinners in our dining room, and just special time hanging out with our friends, it's always a fantastic time.

Sophie enjoyed the beach immensely and since we've been back has asked to go to the beach on a daily basis. But I must admit I'm a tad bit happy not to have to apply sunblock constantly anymore!

Here are some photos. Mainly of Sophie of course!




The most memorable part of the trip for me was this 7am dip in the ocean with Kelly. There was a very thick fog that covered the island and everything just looked amazing and surreal. The high tide was rolling in and Sophie had a great time playing the the little pools of water that were created as a result.



As Sophie would wake with the sunrise around 6am every morning, we had to get her out of the house immediately as to not awaken the other guests who were still sleeping. One of the days we took her to the airport diner and she enjoyed this ENORMOUS pancake!

Sipping some evening juice on the side deck of the house.

Sunset from our lawn. Unfortunately with the high humidty and haze, we never got to see the sun actually go down past the horizon, nor a really memorable afterglow afterwards. Still, always a beautiful sight.




Enjoying a chocolate ice cream cone that melted WAY too fast in the sun!

Early morning trip to see the Southeast lighthouse.

3 Comments:

Blogger irideout said...

Yay!! You are blogging again!! I really enjoy reading your blog posts. I know you update a lot on Facebook, but it's just not the same.

Block Island looks like a lot of fun, as usual. The beach is a wonderful place for kids, isn't it!? And that pancake is humungoid!!

10:52 PM  
Blogger Simone said...

I miss blogging too. I can't even tell you how busy I am with working and all. So so busy. So often I want to blog but that means that work or time with Sophie will suffer as a result. Yesterday I just sucked it up and posted during work. So glad I did. I will try and do it more often!

9:51 AM  
Blogger go said...

sophie is so beautiful!
cant wait to hear about the arrival of your new baby, you're one brave woman!!!!!!!!!!
maybe it will be a david mini me, so you'll have little versions of yourselves.

3:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home