April 10, 2007

Checking in

I wish the title meant 'checking into the hospital' but not yet. Easter was a nice albeit lonely day. David and I decided to do a good 4 mile walk to see if it gets things moving. So we did some errands downtown and walked home through the Central Park. It was chilly but a very beautiful, quiet day.

Yesterday was also a good day. I had mild contractions in the morning which progressed to a whopping 25 seconds each at exactly every 5 minutes for a few hours! It's amazing how precise the timing was. I layed down to see if I could nap and I guess I fell asleep because I woke up about 45 min later and the contractions had stopped. But yesterday evening they started up again and David and I took a 3 mile walk and stopped for dinner. By the time we walked home they were starting up again about 8 minutes apart, and continued until I layed down to go to sleep : (

So I'm here now waiting, hoping, they start up again soon. We have a Dr appointment this afternoon and we are just really hoping there is some real progress this time. It's all very exciting. Wish us luck!

3 Comments:

Blogger irideout said...

Sounds like baby monkey is gearing up to come out!! Good luck!! You'll do great.

10:59 AM  
Blogger Simone said...

Thanks Irene. Getting nervous!

Just came back from Dr. Cervix soft but no dialation/effacement yet. We will walk again tonight to see if it helps.

4:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How was the walk last night? Anything drop yet?

Dagmar

9:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home