April 11, 2007

Still here

So only minor changes at the Dr yesterday. Softening, but not dialating/effacing. At least there is some progress. But I'm coming to terms with the fact that labor will probably not start on it's own before Friday night. And I guess that's ok. I just wanted my labor to be more on my terms than the hosptials, but you can never plan how things will go in life exactly.

Still, we walked another four miles last night. But I'm getting tired of the walking and the trying to get labor to start. I'm starting to get exhausted from it all and I think I will just relax now and let things happen. But I must admit is has been nice spending the evenings walking with David, just the two of us for the last time ever. I love him so much and am so very lucky to have him by my side.

I'm getting nervous. So nervous that I am tending to focus more on the pain and the fear of the induction than the prize that we will be rewarded with in the end, our baby. I'm trying to relax and focus on the prize but it's difficult as my fears take over.

I'm sure all will be ok in the end.

Here is probably the last belly shot before Baby Monkey comes out. We took it last night in Central Park.

8 Comments:

Blogger irideout said...

That's a beautiful picture of you and David. I know it's easier said than done, especially with the anxiety over wondering when things will start happening, but really do - as you say - try to relax. Who knows, maybe you'll be one of the lucky women who have easy labor and delivery. ;)

1:24 PM  
Blogger Simone said...

Thanks Irene. The unknown is just so scary, especially since I've never really been in a hospital except when visiting.

At least David is very calm and collected. I'm so lucky he'll be by my side the entire time.

1:29 PM  
Blogger H3NR7 said...

I like that photo of yous guys.
You should take a photo at the same spot but with baby monkey.
Try not to get too scared.
Remember the Rules of the Hospital Octagon:
Two people enter, three people leave.
I'm so excited for you.

2:21 PM  
Blogger Simone said...

LOL. Thanks Hen, I needed a laugh.

2:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great photo of you two (three). You'll be sleep deprived and changing diapers before you know it. I'll be thinking of you guys this week!

Kelly

3:48 PM  
Blogger Shaina Rotstein said...

Wow-- my beautiful, glowing sister :) That's such a great pict., and I love Henry's idea! I love you both so much!!! See you soon in the hospital when all the fear of labor is over, and the pain probably already forgotten!!!!

5:48 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

You have one last day to watch your belly move and wiggle.
I say you sit all day long and rest.
Tomorrow is a big day!
I'll be thinking of you, so very far away.
I can't wait for the update!
You CAN do this.
It's normal to be scared. It's a scary thing! But know that it's also a natural normal thing, and you're prepared. It will go great. And it will be the best birth story because it will be YOUR birth story.
Best wishes to you Simone!!

8:53 AM  
Blogger Brandon said...

bjlOMG! I am shocked on how BIG your belly is! I was looking at Christmas pics and your belly was tiny, compared to now! That is a beautiful pic that you took.Who took it? And I posted on Brandon's World, not loco photo..I love you and good luck!

10:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home